maanantai 10. syyskuuta 2018

Thursday September 6, 2018

We started our course by watching a video about a guy, who was seeking his roots. He was so sure that he's completely British. Little did he know when he actually got the letter about his family history. For his surprise, there was also for example some German in his blood, even though the United Kingdom ruled most of the percentage.
     This was actually so interesting to know and got me thinking if I should do one as well. I already know that I have some Swedish and German background, but it would be intriguing to know what else lies underneath my shell.
     A guy from my class mentioned his family had done this, and even as close of a relative as his brother, didn't completely have the same DNA than he did. Of course they had some similarities, but still the small percentage of Eskimo in his brothers results really got me thinking about doing this myself.
     Afterwards we split the whole class into smaller groups and discussed about our cultural differences, e. g. food, nature, politics, basic gestures and typical characteristics. My group had 3 Finns (including myself) and a German. Even though on a basic level we aren't too different from each other if I may say, we still had quite a lot of those smaller details that you probably wouldn't think the first time of meeting the other country's representative. The deeper you dig into the environment and background of you or someone else, the more you might understand about their behaviour and reasons to do things.
     There are many websites to be found on the Internet for such a test. I may so happen to conquer some new information about myself, too.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti