maanantai 19. marraskuuta 2018

Tuesday September 25, 2018

Starting the class very early today, and that somewhat shows on the number of people attending. I managed to get myself here even though it was not my favourite thing to do. I'm not a huge fan of cold weather, but I guess it woke me up on my way to school.
     Again an evaluating exercise is made, this time about positive communication. I'm starting to see a pattern here. This time we aren't talking in groups first, we are expressing ourselves straight away to the class, having more of an open conversation with the whole class. I think this is a good way of doing this exercise, since you can immediately see the effects we are currently talking about - how everyone is using their tones and tempos, showing if you are interested, avoiding sarcasm and summarizing, to give out some examples.
     There are some good views pointed out in this one. Someone even found a way to connect these things together, example given, using sarcasm could mean that you are understanding the given message and taking the topic forward. Thinking about my own communication, it really depends on whom I'm talking with, how well I know the person and what the current topic is. I definitely use sarcasm with my friends as in the meaning mentioned before, but also to make jokes or to gently let them know they have said something a bit foolish. In the sense of directness, I am - as apparently most Finns are thought to be - very direct and truthful.
     But communication itself is not only about how you speak, it is also about how you listen and react to what others do. In my case, I can tell that my face is very expressive, there's been quite many times I don't even have to say anything when people have seen it from my face what I think of something, especially if something creates strong feelings in me.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti